Post by Vaan Phoenix on Feb 10, 2016 9:35:53 GMT -5
Feb 10, 2016 9:35:53 GMT -5
FACE CLAIMKARNEVAL, nai, vaan phoenix
HISTORY & EXTRA INFO
- 1996: Vaan was born to a young couple who believed they were more in love than they really were. One was a drug dealer, the other was a waitress. Both though they were a match made in heaven. Once Vaan was born, it was like things changed. His father would never take responsibility for his child. Instead, he did what he could to avoid the child. His mother would take over full time, missing out on even more work than she expected. When she tried to bring up the issues, they ended up arguing about it. Things got pretty heated and the only choice became to get rid of the child. Thus Vaan ended up in an underfunded orphanage.
- 2001: Only spending his early years in the orphanage, Vaan doesn't exactly remember what happened. He was actually adopted pretty soon compared to most of the other children. He was taken in by a kind couple. They were from some place called Selene Isle. There, Vaan was raised under the name Phoenix. His new father was wrapped up in some hush hush type of work while his new mother was a nurse at the hospital. Regardless they were both caring of Vaan. At least more than his biological parents were. The couple showered him with affection and attention, always providing encouragement.
- 2010: Now around thirteen, Vaan found himself recognizing things around him and became more aware of what was really happening. Every so often he overheard phone conversations between his parents and whoever they were speaking business with. His mother would sound nervous about being heard but admitted to how much fun she had at work on desk, floor, bed, etc. His father would sound frustrated to be receiving a call while at home but something would be said that seemed to remind him that he was the one that messed up the transaction. He knew his father was doing something illegal. And he knew his mother wasn't always working long twelve hour shifts at the hospital. He watched them continue to keep their calls separate, while putting together the clues and figuring things out on his own.
- Of course Vaan enjoyed his life. When they were all together, nothing else meant anything. Even though when his mother and father were apart, things the other didn't know of occurred. Despite this, Vaan stayed quiet. He wanted to try ignoring these things. Maybe they would both come to their senses and just tell each other what was going on. Sadly they didn't, forcing Vaan to simply be caught up in the middle awkwardly as he overheard more and more phone calls.
- 2012: Two years had passed and Vaan had watched the both of his parents drag their relationship into the ground and take the household down with them. His father messed up a deal and landed himself in debt, causing his wife to receive shady phone calls. His wife's excuses about long shifts began to wear out and her husband even noticed her checks not reflecting the hours as well as her "coworker" calling at inappropriate times. Finally the two cracked and gave up. The two filed for a divorce and went their separate ways. The wife disappeared, leaving Vaan with her ex husband.
- Staying with the drug dealer, Vaan learned more about him and his work than he wishes that he did. He watched the man from the crack of his room's door while his father sold product in the living room. Vaan even went into town with his father, always left in the car while his father roughed up clients that didn't pay what they owed him for his product. He figured his father was doing what he had to. But of course, things took another turn for the worst when his father began to abuse his own product alongside his clients.
- 2016: Vaan had moved out from his father's house on his eighteenth birthday and got his own place for now. Since then he's been on his own. He's noticed the appearance of his true name on the back of his right shoulder blade. He doesn't have too much experience with battling but he has spoken to other sacrifices and fighters and knows that someone is out there with a matching name.
- Now nineteen, Vaan spends his days having various adventures, in search of his other half. But until they come along, he's more so just living life, going to parties, finding work.
- Parties/Social events
- Bitter tastes
- Bugs/Anything that crawls and flies
- Having to use violence
- Reading anything longer that a few paragraphs
- Seeing his father & mother hide secrets has taught Vaan not to do so with people you are in serious relationships with. He's made it a rule for himself to not keep secrets from close friends or boyfriends, even if he'll be judged by them. In return he expects the same openness and will not judge.
- Vaan usually comes off as far more naive and dimwitted than he actually is, but despite this he pays great attention to detail. He takes mental note of everything around him and lets people think he is as naive as the believe. Why? Because if he showed his true potential, he wouldn't be able to surprise people.
- Vaan is adorable to most and knows this. So he uses his charm to get the little things he wants from people. Nothing too serious, but he does use his charm and a little acting to get information, a free meal from time to time, and anything small or petty that he doesn't feel like paying for. He tries not to do this too often though.
- While staying with both of his adoptive parents, Vaan participated in gymnastics. Once they divorced, he stopped but continued stretching daily. While living with his father, he learned how to fight (street style).
MADE BY PANNY FOR WAR OF CHANGE IN-SITE USAGE ONLY!